In Naval Action, crafting is an essential component of gameplay, allowing you to create ships, modules, and other necessary upgrades.
- Every player starts at crafting level 1 and gains experience as they craft materials, ships, and modules. The cap is level 50, with additional rewards acquired at set levels. Breaking down and crafting also produces rewards and blueprints.
- Crafting is only possible while in port. Outposts are required.
- Crafting is limited by labor hours. You get a pre-set amount of labor hours to use each day, with more granted at higher levels.
- It goes without saying that crafting requires materials.
Each captain can get a crafting level from 1 to 50 and gain XP for crafting materials and ships. Some blueprints get available if you reach a certain crafting level, others well be rewarded randomly when crafting/breaking up ships.
Wood and quality
One of the major elements of the game's crafting mechanics is wood type and quality of the item. Their choice affects your ship performance.
- Wood type affects speed and armor.
- Quality is the most important element of crafting. Unlocked at regular intervals according to the crafting level, each higher quality level offers better performance and functionality.
- All upgrade modifiers are presented as decimals for easier multiplication. To arrive at the percentage value, simply multiply by 100.